MapleStory GMS – Zakum Quest Guide (Levels 1-3)
January 18, 2013 Leave a comment
MAPLESTORY GMS – ZAKUM QUEST GUIDE (LEVELS 1 – 3)
Zakum Quest is a 3-part course that tests your abilities. The first one tests you patience and you knowledge of the map. The second one tests you of your jumping skills and how calm you are. The third one is of monster hunting, quite challenging if you are not high level enough.
This GUIDE is to teach you how to do the Zakum Quest. It is recommended you read this FIRST before Level 1, as there is a 30 minute time limit. Let’s begin!
- Preparations for the Journey & Quest
- Quest Level 1
- Quest Level 2
- Quest Level 3
- Zakum Dungeon
- Zakum Loot & Estimated Experience
Preparations for the Journey & Quest:
It is recommended you bring AT LEAST 100 power elixirs for the journey to the Zakum Door because of the Werewolves and Yeti+Pepes. Unless you have Dark Sight, or is LVL 150, you do not need to bring potions along.
Depending on how good you are with the Jump Course (Level 2), you may need some Antidotes. I usually bring around 70. These will cure you of the poison-causing “rocks” that blow at you. You will want to avoid these as they can hit you off the platform, in any case, you will need to start again.
You will also need potions, depending whether you are good at jumping or not, for if you fall into the Lava, you will take 200 DMG a second. So take those Reindeer Milk and Unagis!
Notice: Upto 5 parties can enter Zakum at a time.
Quest Level 1:
To begin Quest Level 1, talk to your 3rd Job Advancement leader, depending on which class you are, it will differ. For Legends and Novas, talk to Adobis first, then return to a 3rd Job Advancer.
After you are allowed to go to Zakum Quest, talk to Adobis again. He will allow you to go in Level 1. In Level 1, you must break certain Rocks and Chests using the ATTACK KEY to obtain a “Key”. You must drop 7 Keys at the Master Chest, located at Mine 16-5.
NOTE: Mine 16-1 through 16-6 is accessible through Mine 10-2.
While you are finding the keys, try to collect some Old Paper, which gives you extra EXP when you are finished.
It is difficult finding the right rocks and chests, mainly because there are over 15 different Mine tunnels to look through. So, I’m going to just give you the list to look at for yourselves. The Fire Ore, needed to finish the quest, requires the 7 keys to be dropped below the Key Hole and you’ll get the Fire Ore. Return to the NPC to complete.
LOCATIONS OF THE 7 KEYS:
- [KEY] Mine 4-2: rock
- [KEY] Mine 9-2: chest
- [KEY] Mine 11-1: chest
- [KEY] Mine 14-1: chest
- [KEY] Mine 16-2: chest
- [KEY] Mine 16-3: chest
- [KEY] Mine 16-5: rock
- [FIRE ORE] Mine 16-5: master chest
Congratulations! You have passed Level 1!
Quest Level 2:
Talk to Adobis to enter this level after completing the first Level.
This stage is mainly about jumping and timing. This stage, you will need the antidotes and potions. You do not get any Speed or Jump boosts, as your Speed and Jump are fixed at 100%.
To leave the area, you must go through the portal, or die.
There is a 10 minute requirement, so don’t do it so quick, as you will not get your reward.
Quest Level 3:
Talk to Adobis to receive his quest.
Adobis will tell you that he can craft an Eye of Fire using 30 Gold Teeth that you bring him from Miner Zombies (Lvl. 132). This is a requirement to summon Zakum at his altar.
Zakum is a tough boss. It can use special moves and abilities that can kill you in nearly two hits. I recommend going with a party of AT LEAST 5 Lvl 150+ so they can lead you to victory. Zakum uses his abilities through his eight arms, each doing a special ability to kill you and your party. Here is the arms of Zakum and their abilities:
—-Arm1 [ ] Arm1*—-
—-Arm2 [ ] Arm3 —-
—-Arm4 [ ] Arm5 —-
—-Arm6 [ ] Arm6*—-
- Arm1 & Arm1* – These two arms lowers everyone’s HP and MP to 1 each.
- Arm2 – This arm summons fire meteors and poisonous clouds.
- Arm3 – This arm summons ice and lightning with undetermined amount of accuracy (mostly miss).
- Arm4 – This arm curses players with Weakness, Darkness, etc. and can disable (remove) your current buffs and skills.
- Arm5 – This arm gives Zakum and monsters Power, Magic, and Magic Defense Up, along with Healing spells.
- Arm6 & Arm6* – These two arms attack using earthquake-like attacks, erupting from the ground.
Kill the arms in this order: Arm5, Arm6*, Arm4, Arm6, Arm2, Arm1, Arm3, Arm1*. This order will prevent Zakum from healing, then disable from being cursed/de-buffed, then prevent Zakum from doing any attacks.
Once you destroy all arms, there is a high chance Zakum will lower all player’s HP & MP down to 1, as a defense pre-caution and he will begin summoning monsters and buffing himself.
NOTE: There are 4 parts of Zakum!
- Zakum with eight arms
- Zakum damaged
- Zakum heavily damaged
After heavily damaged is Zakum killed/destroyed.
Zakum Loot & Estimated Experience:
This is a list of EVERYTHING that Zakum drops. This list may be different now, due to the face that Nexon updates so often, so anything could change! Here is the list, each category labeled:
WARNING: EXTREMELY LONG!
- Zakum Main Drops:
- Zakum Helmet: +15 STR, +15 DEX, +15 INT, +15 LUK, +150 Weapon/Magic Defense, +20 Accuracy/Avoidability
- Zakum ETC Drops:
- Zakum Certificate
- Zakum Warrior Drops:
- Battle Hammer
- Gold Double Knife
- The Beheader
- Golden Smith Hammer
- Zakum Magician Drops:
- Dimon Wand
- Blue Marine
- Zakum Bowman Drops:
- White Nisrock
- Golden Nisrock
- White Neschere
- Golden Neschere
- Zakum Thief Drops:
- Gold Double Knife
- Blood Dagger
- Red Craven
- Zakum Pirate Drops:
- King Cent
- Zakum Useable Drops:
- Reindeer Milk
- Sunset Dew
- Power Elixir
- Scroll for Earring for HP 10%
- Scroll for Earring for LUK 60%
- Scroll for Helmet for DEX 10%
- Scroll for Helmet for INT 10%
- Scroll for Overall Armor for INT 100%
- Clean Slate Scroll 1%, Chaos Scroll 60%
- Tablet for One-Handed Weapon for ATT
- Tablet for One-Handed Weapon for Magic Attack
- Tablet for Two-Handed Weapon for ATT
- Tablet for Armor for DEX
- Tablet for Armor for DEF
- Tablet for Armor for HP
- Tablet for Armor for INT
- Tablet for Armor for LUK
- Tablet for Armor for MP
- Tablet for Armor for STR
- Equip Enhancement Scroll
- Advanced Equip Enhancement Scroll
- Potential Scroll
- Advanced Potential Scroll
- Zakum Skill/Mastery Books Drops:
- [Skill Book] Angel Ray
- [Skill Book] Combo Barrier
- [Skill Book] Combo Tempest
- [Skill Book] Final Blow
- [Skill Book] Final Cut
- [Skill Book] Flame Wheel
- [Skill Book] High Defense
- [Skill Book] Phantom Blow
- [Skill Book] Triple Throw
- [Skill Book] Soul Stone
- [Mastery Book] Mystery Mastery Book
- Zakum Recipe Drops:
- Advanced Blessing Potion Recipe
- Advanced Dexterity Boost Potion Recipe
- Advanced Giant Potion Recipe
- Advanced Health Boost Potion Recipe
- Advanced Hero Potion Recipe
- Advanced Intelligence Luck Potion Recipe
- Advanced Mana Boost Potion Recipe
- Advanced Strength Boost Potion Recipe
- All Mighty Ring Recipe
- Android (F) Recipe
- Android (M) Recipe
- Angelic Blessing Recipe
- Blessing Potion Recipe
- Dark Angelic Blessing Recipe
- Deluxe Android (F) Recipe
- Deluxe Android (M) Recipe
- Dexterity Boost Potion Recipe
- Dexterity Ring V Recipe
- Health Boost Potion Recipe
- Hero Potion Recipe
- Hyper Ring I Recipe
- Intelligence Boost Potion Recipe
- Intelligence Ring V Recipe
- Luck Boost Potion Recipe
- Luck Ring V Recipe
- Lucky Blue Gilded Belt Recipe
- Mana Boost Potion Recipe
- Nimble Ring IV Recipe
- Red Bear Pendant Recipe
- Red Owl Pendant Recipe
- Red Peacock Pendant Recipe
- Red Wolf Pendant Recipe
- Sharp Arrow for Bow Recipe
- Sharp Arrow for Crossbow Recipe
- Sharp Blue Gilded Belt Recipe
- Shiny Gray Archer Symbol Recipe
- Shiny Gray Magician Symbol Recipe
- Shiny Gray Pirate Symbol Recipe
- Shiny Gray Thief Symbol Recipe
- Shiny Gray Warrior Symbol Recipe
- Shiny Red Special Symbol Recipe
- Strength Boost Potion Recipe
- Strength Ring V Recipe
- Tenacious Blue Gilded Belt Recipe
- Wise Blue Gilded Belt Recipe
Zakum gives about 3,603,400 EXP per kill, plus 275 Ambition Trait EXP.
Is some information incorrect? Is some instructions/rewards outdated? Please tell us!
Send a reply below and I’ll get right on it with the MapleTeam!
MapleTeam (C) 2013. All right reserved. Published under authority of MapleUser and WordPress.
GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK!
Hello! Thank you for viewing this post! Care to take a minute to fill out this FEEDBACK form? It will help us a lot to improve our future posts, plus, have a chance to be mentioned in one of our posts!
Note: Please put the CORRECT LINKS to Post (put post link) so we can determine what post you are talking about!
Note: If you are logged in to WordPress (not a guest), your information may be automatically input into the Form. All you need to do is enter Comments, Ratings, and adjusting to the form. Thank you for your time.